Sunday, March 8, 2009

Better Late Than Never I Suppose...



Again, my apologies to my loyal fans but school last week was pretty busy.  As promised, a post on Sunday.  As I sit here watching Speed Pool on ESPN, I sit back and try to remember the last week in the sports world only to come to the conclusion that there were really only 2 things that were pretty serious.  Terrel Owens was cut from the Cowboys and about 3 days later he signs a one year deal with the Buffalo Bills.  For me, a Giants fan, first and foremost, I'm glad that he didn't sign with the team.  Yes, I know how good be his but I also know how much of a pain in the ass he his and what he can do to a locker room.  The Giants right now don't need anymore distractions.  I'd be perfectly happy is Plaxico stays out of jail and comes back.  The only problem is that its up to the legal system to help him out right now, so well see.  Second, the story with Johan Santana's pitching issues and evertything with his elbow was starting to get old.  One day he can pitch, next day he can't, he needs arm surgery, and now the latest is that hes fine and is actually ahead of schedule to pitch Opening Day.  This is actually great news but to be honest it gets annyoing when every other day the story changes and you don't know who to believe.  The problem is the media.  I really do hate the media sometimes.  Things are always blown out of proportion and its usually inaccurate.  Especially with ESPN, they are the most guilty of anyone.  But, whatever, the media is a part of the sports culture and to be honest sometimes, and the operative word here is sometimes, the media can keep things interesting but all I'm asking for is some conisitancy with the stories.  

Thats it really...a quick short post to keep this thing rolling...

Goodnight all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should do a grammar/spelling check before posting.